Hitachi Travelstar 20GN - 5.0GB 4200RPM Ultra ATA-66Mb/s 512KB Cache 2.5" 9.5mm Laptop Hard Drive - DJSA-205
|Warranty||90 Day Warranty|
|Availability||Yes - Ships in 1 to 2 Days|
|Manufacturer||IBM / Hitachi Global Storage Technology|
|UPC Code||Does Not Apply|
|Spindle Speed||4200 RPM Fluid Dynamic (FDB) Motor|
|Cache Buffer||512 KB Intelligent Caching|
|Advanced Format||No - 512 Sector Size (Bytes)|
|Form Factor||2.5 Inch Internal Hard Drive|
|Interface||PATA (EIDE Ultra-DMA ATA-4)|
|Interface Speed||Ultra DMA Mode-4 - ATA 66MB/sec|
|Data Transfer Rate||up to 66MB/sec Host to/from Drive (Sustained)|
|Interface Connector||PATA (44-Pin Signal/Power and 4-Pin Jumper)|
|Recording Technology||Perpendicular Giant Magnetoresistive Recording (GMR) Technology|
|Life Expectancy||150,000 Hours MTTF (Mean Time To Failures)|
|Workload Rating||< 25 TB/yr (Workload Rate Limit) / 300,000 (Load/Unload Cycles)|
|Shock Resistance||Operating: 175Gs / 2ms - Non Operating: 800Gs / 1ms (half sine wave)|
|Encryption||No - Standard Model|
|Dimensions||(L x W x H) 100.5mm x 70.0mm x 9.5mm|
- Capacities up to 20GB
- 4200RPM Rotational Speed Motor
- Read Multiple and Write Multiple Command Support
- Optimized Pico Slider Design
- Intelligent Caching Technology
- Full Track Multiple Sector Transfer Technology
- Hitachi Voltage Efficiency Regulator Technology (HiVERT)
- Perpendicular Giant Magnetoresistive Recording (GMR) Technology
- 300,000 Load/Unload Cycles for Data Integrity
- Enhanced Adaptive Battery Life Extender (ABLE) Technology
- TrueTrack Servo Technology
- Thermal Fly Height Control Technology
- Enhanced Error Correction Code (ECC) Technology
- Staggered Spin-Up Technology
- Whisper Quiet with Fluid Dynamic Bearing (FDB) Motors
IBM Travelstar 20GN Hard Drives
Leading Edge Technology
IBM continues its tradition of mobile storage leadership with the IBM Travelstar 32GH, 30GT, and 20GN hard drives. The industry’s first 4-disk 12.5 mm mobile drive, the IBM Travelstar 32GH is also the world’s first 32 GB notebook hard disk drive.
The innovative hard drive design combines IBM giant magnetoresistive (GMR) head technology, Partial Response Maximum Likelihood (PRML) digital channel, a head load/unload feature, and Enhanced Adaptive Battery Life Extender (ABLE) 3.0—all created by using state-of-the-art manufacturing techniques. This design provides the exceptional storage capacity, performance, power man- agement, quality, and reliability required by today’s notebook systems.
As a result, the new IBM Travelstar drives are ideally suited for demanding, high-capacity Internet, digital audio, video streaming, and real-time multimedia applications—whether users are in the office or on the road.
Performance and Reliability
The IBM Travelstar 32GH, 30GT, and 20GN hard drives use proven IBM technology, such as IBM Drive Fitness Test (DFT), Self-Monitoring Analysis and Reporting Technology (S.M.A.R.T.), as well as a thermistor, an adaptive control device that helps maintain high performance and fast seek times at high environmental temperatures.
Advanced Mobile Systems
With these new drives, IBM has redefined state-of-the-art storage for mobile computing. The high speeds and capacities of IBM Travelstar drives help provide higher quality digital audio and video, superior digital content creation capabilities, and significantly faster processing for data intensive multimedia and Internet applications.
By using one of the new Travelstar drives in a laptop system, you can unchain your multimedia lab from the desktop— enabling high-end multimedia creativity as mobile as your imagination.
IBM Quality, Support, and Service
The new IBM Travelstar mobile hard drives share common field-proven components to provide manufacturers with superior quality hard drives backed by a three year warranty and IBM technical support and services.
- The IBM Travelstar 32GH offers several industry firsts: a capacity of 32 GB, a media transfer rate of up to 228.2 Mbits/sec, and the first 4-disk 12.5 mm mobile hard disk drive.
- The new IBM Travelstar 30GT and 20GN hard drives provide areal densities of 17.1 Gbits/sq. in. and 10 GB of capacity per disk.
- The IBM Travelstar 20GN has the industry’s highest shock rating of 800Gs/1ms, as well as the fast Ultra-DMA interface transfer rate of 66 MB/sec.
- An advanced electromechanical design provides exceptional storage capacities and superior shock ratings to improve reliability and ruggedness.