Seagate BarraCuda - 4TB 5400RPM SATA III 6Gb/s 128MB Cache 2.5" 15mm Hard Drive - ST4000LM024
The Seagate ST4000LM024 is for Specific Applications and is not meant for Laptops or Notebooks due to the 15mm Drive Height.
|Warranty||2 Year Replacement only Warranty|
|Availability||In Stock - Special Order Item|
|Spindle Speed||5400 RPM Fluid Dynamic (FDB) Motor|
|Cache Buffer||128 MB Multi-Tier Caching|
|Advanced Format||Yes (logical 512e / physical 4096)|
|Form Factor||2.5 Inch Internal Hard Drive|
|Interface||SATA III 6Gb/sec (Generation 3)|
|Interface Speed||6Gb/sec - Data Transfer Rate (max) Buffer to Host|
|Data Transfer Rate||up to 140MB/sec Host to/from Drive (Sustained)|
|Interface Connector||SATA (7-Pin Signal and 15-Pin Power Connector)|
|Interface Note||Backwards Compatible with SATA II 3Gb/sec and SATA I 1.5Gb/sec|
|Recording Technology||Shingled Magnetic Recording (SMR) Technology|
|Life Expectancy||1 Million Hours MTBF (Mean Time Before Failures)|
|Workload Rating||< 55 TB/yr (Workload Rate Limit) / 600,000 (Load/Unload Cycles)|
|Shock Resistance||Operating: 300Gs (2ms, read) / Non Operating: 650Gs (1ms)|
|Dimensions||(L x W x H) 100.35mm x 69.85mm x 15mm (Note: 15mm Drive Height)|
|Classification||Digital Video Recorders|
- Not for Laptops due to 15mm Height
- Capacities up to 5TB
- 5400RPM Rotational Speed Motor
- SATA Device Hot Plug Capability
- Read Multiple and Write Multiple Command Support
- State-of-the-Art Cache and On-the-Fly Error-Correction Algorithms
- Quiet Operation. Fluid Dynamic Bearing (FDB) Motors
- Multi-Tier Caching (MTC) Technology
- Full Track Multiple Sector Transfer Technology
- Shingled Magnetic Recording (SMR) Technology
- Native Command Queuing (NCQ) Technology
- Staggered Spin-up Technology
- QuietStep Ramp Load Technology
Amazing Versatility. Unmatched Dependability.
Experience the highest capacity, and the thinnest 2.5" hard drive you've ever seen. Choose from 500GB to 2TB of massive storage for all of your application and data needs along with a slim 7mm form factor drive that makes system upgrades very easy. All hard drives in the BarraCuda family come equipped with Multi-Tier Caching Technology (MTC). MTC takes your PC to new performance levels, so you can load applications and files faster than ever before. By applying intelligent layers of DRAM Cache technologies, BarraCuda delivers improved read and write performance by optimizing data flow. The Seagate BarraCuda also come in Self-Encrypting (SED) and FIPS 140-2 Level 2 Certification Models. The BarraCuda Self-Encrypting Drive models have the following additional feature. 16 independent data bands, Authenticated firmware download, Automatic data encryption/decryption, Controlled access, Crypographic erase of data for a drive that will be repurposed or scrapped, Dive locking and Random number generator. All BarraCuda Hard Drives are backed by a 2-year limited warranty.
- Broadest 2.5 inch hard drive portfolio with up to 5TB capacity and both 7mm and 15mm form factors suitable for a variety of compute applications.
- Thinnest and lightest 2.5 inch hard drive with up to 2TB storage in a 7mm z-height, providing seamless upgrades of thin and light laptops and smaller form factor systems.
- Fast data rates of up to 140 MB/s enables superior PC end-user experience and snappier file transfers.
- 2.5 Inch, 7mm z-Height - hard drives provide 500GB to 2TB in capacity, offering the highest-capacity 2.5" hard drives available for Laptops, Mobile Storage, Ultra-Thin Laptops externals or all-in-one storage.
- Low startup current configurations for 3TB to 5TB drives enable use in legacy low-current systems like USB-2 external boxes, while simultaneously lowering power consumption.
- 5TB drives can store more than 1.25 million songs and 600 hours of HD video.
- Tivo Recorders
- DVR Systems
- Mobile Storage
- External Storage Systems
- All-in-One PCs
- Ultra-Slim Desktop PCs