Seagate Constellation ES - 1TB 7200RPM 512n SAS 6Gb/s 64MB Cache 3.5" Enterprise Class Hard Drive - ST1000NM0041 (SED FIPS 140-2)
|Warranty||1 Year Warranty|
|Series||Seagate Constellation ES|
|UPC Code||Does Not Apply|
|Spindle Speed||7200 RPM Fluid Dynamic (FDB) Motor|
|Cache Buffer||64 MB Multi-Segmented Caching|
|Advanced Format||No - 5xxn Native (Bytes per Sector: 512, 520, 528)|
|Form Factor||3.5 Inch Internal Hard Drive|
|Interface||SAS-2 6Gbit/sec (Generation 2)|
|Interface Speed||6Gbits/sec - Data Transfer Rate (max) Buffer to Host|
|Data Transfer Rate||up to 150MB/sec Host to/from Drive (Sustained)|
|Interface Connector||SAS (Single 29-Pin SFF-8482 Connector)|
|Interface Note||Dual Interface Ports|
|Recording Technology||Perpendicular Magnetic Recording (PMR) Technology|
|Life Expectancy||1.2 Million Hours MTBF (Mean Time Before Failures) / 8760 Power on Hours per year (24x7)|
|Workload Rating||0.73% AFR (Annualized Failure Rate) / 300,000 Load/Unload Cycles per year|
|Shock Resistance||Operating: 70Gs (2ms) / Non Operating: 350Gs (2ms)|
|Encryption||Yes - TCG OPAL Self Encrypting Drive (SED) with FIPS 140-2 Security Feature|
|Dimensions||(L x W x H) 5.787 in. x 4.010 in. x 1.028 in.|
|Classification||OPAL Encrypted Drives with FIPS-140|
- Capacity's up to 2TB
- Built for 24/7 (always-on) Reliability
- 7200 RPM Rotational Speed Motor
- Low Power Consumption
- Embedded Servo Design Technology
- Supports up to 32 Initiators
- Multi-Segmented Caching Technology
- State-of-the-Art Cache and On-the-Fly Error-Correction Algorithms
- Idle Read After Write (IRAW) Technology
- Full-Track Multiple Sector Transfer Capability
- Perpendicular Magnetic Recording Technology
- Thermal Monitoring and Reporting Technology
- Dual Stage Actuator (DSA) Technology
- Balance Technology to Support Multiple Drives in a System
- Whisper Quiet with Fluid Dynamic Bearing (FDB) Motors
- AES-256 SED Encryption and SED with FIPS 140-2 Certification Models
Seagate Constellation ES Hard Drives
The Seagate Constellation ES drive is the fifth-generation 3.5 inch hard drive for capacity-optimised 7,200 RPM enterprise environments. It enables cost-effective, highly efficient enterprise storage solutions with high capacities, best-in-class reliability, leading 6Gb/s performance, optimised power and cooling, and government-grade data security — all backed by world-class Seagate enterprise service and support.
The Constellation ES drives are a family of high-capacity enterprise-class hard drives capable of storing an unprecedented 76TB per square foot (in the 2TB capacity), maximising data centre floor space at a low £/GB. You can rest completely assured, knowing that this nearline drive optimises your 3.5 inch chassis performance with the lowest power draw (less than 7.3W), running cooler in higher-temperature environments. This is perfect for enterprise tiered-storage solutions or for small-to medium-sized businesses, which lack the luxury of a temperature controlled data centre.
Used by industry leading enterprise OEMs, system builders and integrators who build cost-effective, high-capacity and eco-friendly enterprise class server and storage solutions, the Constellation ES drive is the first drive that offers both the industry leading SAS interface — with its proven scalability, performance and enterprise features — and the traditional SATA (6Gb/s) interface for seamless enterprise integration. With large capacity drives come longer RAID rebuild times, but with the new Seagate RAID Rebuild development platform, customers can shorten rebuild times significantly and minimise productivity losses while protecting critical data.
The Constellation ES drive extends the industry’s best field proven reliability to a high-capacity nearline drive based on world renowned Seagate enterprise experience, including support, design, lifecycle management and eco-system compatibility. This capacity optimised drive offers an MTBF of 1.2 million hours for economical, enterprise grade reliability. The Constellation ES implementation of 6Gb/s SAS improves scalability, making this drive ideally suited for use in high-end, high-capacity network storage solutions. It is the industry’s first 3.5 inch nearline drive to implement the new SAS 2.0 feature set and is the world’s first 3.5 inch nearline drive to operate at 6Gb/s transfer rates in both SAS.
The Constellation ES drive’s improved data security comes from enterprise proven, industry standard Self Encrypting Drive (SED) technology based on the AES-256 standard and with FIPS 140-21 solutions that protect data where it lives — on the drive. The SED functionality eliminates the need to overwrite or physically destroy drives, enables secure return of drives for warranty or expired lease purposes, and allows organisations to repurpose or sell drives securely.
- Fifth generation, enterprise, nearline drive designed for 24×7 operation.
- Up to 2TB capacity for data-hungry enterprise business applications.
- Best-in-class rotational vibration tolerance ensures unrivalled performance in high-density applications for continuous data access.
- Enhanced efficiencies with PowerChoice host-selectable power options for unprecedented savings during slow or idle periods.
- Seagate RAID Rebuild development platform significantly reduces hours of lost productivity.
- Multi-drive firmware maximized for enterprise system availability.
- 6Gb/s SAS performance with error detection and correction (IOEDC/ IOECC) capabilities and PI (Protection Information).
- Self-Encrypting Drive (SED) option cuts IT drive retirement expenses while securely protecting data and is one of the easiest, most cost- effective security measures you can implement.
- FIPS Self-Encrypting Drive option provides all the benefits of SED and is NIST certified to meet U.S., Canada and U.K. government data encryption compliance requirements.
- High Capacity Data Center Storage
- Mainstream Enterprise External Storage Arrays
- Enterprise Backup and Restore
- Cloud Storage