Seagate Constellation ES.3 - 1TB 7200RPM 512n SATA III 6Gb/s 128MB Cache 3.5" Enterprise Class Hard Drive - ST1000NM0103 (ISE)
|Warranty||1 Year Warranty|
|Series||Seagate Constellation ES.3|
|UPC Code||Does Not Apply|
|Spindle Speed||7200 RPM Fluid Dynamic (FDB) Motor|
|Cache Buffer||128 MB Multi-Segmented Caching|
|Advanced Format||No - 5xxn Native (Bytes per Sector: 512)|
|Form Factor||3.5 Inch Internal Hard Drive|
|Interface||SATA III 6Gb/sec (Generation 3)|
|Interface Speed||6Gb/sec - Data Transfer Rate (max) Buffer to Host|
|Data Transfer Rate||up to 175MB/sec Host to/from Drive (Sustained)|
|Interface Connector||SATA (7-Pin Signal and 15-Pin Power Connector)|
|Interface Note||Single Interface Port|
|Recording Technology||Perpendicular Magnetic Recording (PMR) Technology|
|Life Expectancy||2 Million Hours MTBF (Mean Time Before Failures) / 8760 Power on Hours per year (24x7) / 0.63% AFR (Annualized Failure Rate)|
|Workload Rating||<550 TB/yr (Workload Rate Limit) / 600,000 (Load/Unload Cycles)|
|Shock Resistance||Operating: 40Gs write (2ms) / 70Gs read (2ms) - Non Operating: 300Gs (2ms)|
|Encryption||No - Instant Secure Erase (ISE) Model|
|Dimensions||(L x W x H) 5.878 in. x 4.010 in. x 1.028 in.|
|Classification||Instant Secure Erase (ISE) Drives|
- Capacity's up to 4TB
- Built for 24/7 (always-on) Reliability
- Humidity Sensor
- Seagate RAID Rebuild Technology
- Embedded Servo Design Technology
- Native Command Queuing (NCQ) Technology
- Multi-Segmented Caching Technology
- State-of-the-Art Cache and On-the-Fly Error-Correction Algorithms
- Balanced Low Mass Rotary Voice Coil Actuator
- Reallocation of Defects on Command (Post Format)
- Dedicated Head Load/Unload Zone
- Perpendicular Magnetic Recording Technology
- Thermal Monitoring and Reporting Technology
- Programmable Auto Write and Read Reallocation
- Rotational Vibration Technology
- Seagate PowerChoice Technology
- Dual Processor Technology
- Whisper Quiet with Fluid Dynamic Bearing (FDB) Motors
- AES-256 SED Encryption and SED with FIPS 140-2 Certification Models
Seagate Constellation ES.3 Hard Drives
Built upon leading experience in enterprise storage, the Constellation ES.3 drive maximizes capacity while providing best-in-class features. The Constellation ES.3 drive significantly improves Tier 2 storage performance in both SAS and SATA interfaces.
The Self-Encrypting Drive (SED) option helps companies achieve corporate and/or government security compliance goals. The drive helps protect data from inadvertent change from the moment of creation until the end of life, and the Seagate Instant Secure Erase feature makes drive retirement and repurposing safe, fast and affordable. The FIPS Self-Encrypting Drive option meets regulatory data security compliance requirements and is FIPS 140-2 Validated to protect Sensitive but Unclassified and Protected class data.
Designed for Your Growing Needs
Ideally suited for use in both server and networked storage bulk-data and RAID solutions, the capacity-optimized Constellation ES.3 drive offers a host of impressive enterprise features along with a faster, more successful integration experience.
The Constellation ES.3 drive, with its maximum capacity and robust enterprise reliability, provides a sustainable solution for your expanding data storage needs; designed to meet and exceed your expectations, it allows you to come in under power and under budget.
Reliable, Always-Available Storage for Your 24×7 World
1.4M hours MTBF and 0.63% AFR deliver the highest level of reliability for a 24×7 capacity-optimized drive.
Data is stored accurately with SAS-based advanced error correction capabilities.
Chassis performance is improved through top-cover attached (TCA) motor design and robust enterprise features, including super parity and humidity sensor.
Best-in-class vibration tolerance ensures consistent, reliable data access and performance in multi-drive systems.
Enterprise Hard Drive for Bulk-Data Applications
Maximize your enterprise storage capabilities without expanding your data center.
Deploy a maximum-capacity enterprise storage solution while lowering your energy costs.
Improve your data center and RAID uptime while lowering your storage management costs.
Energy-Efficient High Capacities
Seagate Constellation ES.3 drives operate on average at fewer than 11.86W—one of the lowest 4TB drive operating power in the industry. Save up to 54% more by implementing Seagate PowerChoice technology’s on-demand idle power savings feature.
Maximize data center footprint utilization by supporting up to 152TB per square foot.
- Highest-capacity large form factor enterprise drive—up to 4TB—for demanding data growth.
- Sixth-generation drive technology with SAS and SATA interfaces for 24x7 reliability.
- Enhanced error correction, super parity and end-to-end SAS-based data integrity for accurate data storage.
- Best-in-class rotational vibration tolerance ensures consistent performance.
- Improved power and cooling efficiencies with low power consumption and on-demand PowerChoice technology based on T10/T13 power management standards.
- Multi-drive firmware maximized for enterprise RAID system availability.
- Robust performance with dual processors, ramp load technology, top-cover-attached motor and humidity sensor for optimum performance in all chassis.
- Self-Encrypting Drive (AES-256) with FIPS 140-2 validation and Seagate Instant Secure Erase cuts IT drive retirement costs while securely protecting data at rest.
- High Capacity RAID Storage
- Mainstream Enterprise External Storage Arrays (SAN, NAS, DAS)
- Cloud Bulk Data Storage
- Enterprise Backup and Restore—D2D, Virtual Tape
- Centralized Surveillance