Seagate Enterprise EXOS 7E8 - 8TB 7200RPM 512e SAS 12Gb/s 256MB Cache 3.5" Enterprise Class Hard Drive - ST8000NM0075
|Warranty||1 Year Warranty|
|Availability||Yes - Ships in 1 to 2 Days|
|Series||Seagate EXOS 7E8 - Formerly: Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD v5|
|Spindle Speed||7200 RPM Fluid Dynamic (FDB) Motor|
|Cache Buffer||256 MB Multi-Segmented Caching with Advanced Write Caching (Internal NOR Flash)|
|Advanced Format||Yes - 5xxe Emulation (Bytes per Sector: 512)|
|Form Factor||3.5 Inch Internal Hard Drive|
|Interface||SAS-3 12Gbit/sec (Generation 3)|
|Interface Speed||12Gbits/sec - Data Transfer Rate (max) Buffer to Host|
|Data Transfer Rate||up to 249MB/sec Host to/from Drive (Sustained)|
|Interface Connector||SAS (Single 29-Pin SFF-8482 Connector)|
|Interface Note||Dual Interface Ports|
|Recording Technology||Conventional Magnetic Recording (CMR) Technology|
|Life Expectancy||2 Million Hours MTBF (Mean Time Before Failures) / 8760 Power on Hours per year (24x7) / 0.44% AFR (Annualized Failure Rate)|
|Workload Rating||<550 TB/yr (Workload Rate Limit) / 600,000 (Load/Unload Cycles)|
|Shock Resistance||Operating: 40Gs write (2ms) / 70Gs read (2ms) - Non Operating: 250Gs (2ms)|
|Encryption||No - Standard Model|
|Dimensions||(L x W x H) 5.787 in. x 4.010 in. x 1.028 in.|
|Classification||Enterprise Class Drives|
- Capacity's up to 8TB
- Built for 24/7 (always-on) Reliability
- Hot Plug Support
- Tarnish Resistant Components
- Built in Humidity Sensor
- Multi-Segmented Caching Technology
- Advanced Internal NOR Write Caching (select models) Technology
- Integrated Dual Port SAS Controller
- Embedded Servo Design Technology
- Supports up to 32 Initiators
- Balanced Low Mass Rotary Voice Coil Actuator
- Reallocation of Defects on Command (Post Format)
- Idle Read After Write (IRAW) Technology
- SAS Power Disable Technology
- Dedicated Head Load/Unload Zone
- Conventional Magnetic Recording (CMR) Technology
- Thermal Monitoring and Reporting Technology
- RAID Rebuild Technology
- Rotational Vibration Technology
- Seagate PowerChoice Technology
- Seagate PowerBalance Technology
- Dual Processor Technology
- Whisper Quiet with Fluid Dynamic Bearing (FDB) Motors
- AES-256 SED Encryption and SED with FIPS 140-2 Certification Models
Seagate EXOS 7E8 Hard Drives
Seagate’s EXOS 7E8 (Formerly - Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD v5) enables the fastest data transfers thanks to our comprehensive advanced caching technology. Meet your storage workload requirements in the most efficient and cost effective data center footprint available on the market today. With user definable innovative technology advancements like PowerBalance, PowerChoice and RAID Rebuild, you have the control to tailor your bulk storage requirements for even greater improvements in lowering your total cost of ownership.
Enterprise Drive for Bulk Data Applications
Exos 7E8 hard drives support up to 8TB per drive, offering bulk data storage for data center infrastructures requiring a highly reliable enterprise hard drive. Exos 7E8 provides cost-effective, reliable access to unstructured data. Built on field-proven 9th-generation conventional magnetic recording (CMR) technology, the Exos 7E8 drive helps to catalyze the datasphere, enabling data center architects and IT professionals to deliver trusted performance, rock-solid reliability, ironclad security and low TCO for demanding 24×7 operations.
Robust Bulk Data Storage for a 24×7 World
Exos 7E8 drives are backed by a 2 million hour MTBF rating and support workloads of 550TB per year—10× that of desktop hard drives. With state-of-the-art cache, on-the-fly error-correction algorithms and rotational vibration design, the Exos 7E8 helps ensure consistent performance in replicated and RAID multi-drive systems.
High Performance for Mainstream Data Center Applications
Meet your storage workload requirements in the most efficient and cost-effective data center footprint on the market today. The Exos 7E8 delivers easy integration into bulk storage systems with 12Gb/s SAS and SATA 6Gb/s interface options. With user-definable innovative technology advancements like PowerChoice and Seagate RAID Rebuild, you can tailor your nearline storage requirements for even greater improvements in lowering your TCO.
Enhanced Enterprise Reliability, Data Protection and Security
Advanced security features help protect data where it lives—on the drive. Exos 7E8 prevents unauthorized drive access and safeguards stored data with security features that include Secure Downloads & Diagnostics, TCG-compliant Self-Encrypting Drive and government-grade FIPS/Common Criteria tamper-resistent hard drive. Seagate Secure drives simplify drive repurposing and disposal, help protect data-at-rest and comply with corporate and federal data security mandates.
- 1TB to 8TB, 3.5-inch enterprise drive with industry-leading conventional magnetic recording (CMR) technology.
- Advanced Write Caching feature enables up to 100% performance improvement in random writes over last-generation drive.
- 12Gb/s SAS and SATA 6Gb/s interfaces in industry-standard formats (512n, 512e and 4Kn) for easy integration into replicated and RAID multi-drive storage servers and systems.
- State-of-the-art cache, on-the-fly error-correction algorithms, super parity and end-to-end SAS-based data integrity for accurate data storage.
- Industry leading rotational vibration design helps ensure consistent performance in dense multi-drive systems.
- Engineered for 24x7 workloads of 550TB/yr.
- Robust performance with dual processors, ramp load technology, top-cover-attached motor and humidity sensor for optimum performance in all chassis.
- On-demand PowerBalance feature available for lower power/performance in random read/write environments.
- Seagate Secure Self-Encrypting Drive featuring Instant Secure Erase for cost-saving drive retirement and secure data-at-rest protection.
- Seagate SeaTools diagnostic software to provide drive self-tests ensuring no unnecessary downtime and maximizing TCO.
- Hyperscale Applications/Cloud Data Centers with Replicated Storage
- Massive Scale out Data Centers and big Data Analytics
- High Capacity Density RAID Storage
- Mainstream Enterprise External Storage (SAN, NAS, DAS)
- Distributed File Systems, including Hadoop and Ceph
- Enterprise Backup and Restore—D2D, Virtual Tape
- OLTP and HPC Applications
- Centralized Surveillance