Seagate Surveillance HDD - 8TB 5900RPM SATA III 6Gb/s 256MB Cache 3.5" Surveillance Hard Drive - ST8000VX0012
The Seagate Surveillance ST8000VX0012 has been Discontinued. Replacement option is the Seagate SkyHawk ST8000VX010.
|90 Day Warranty
|Seagate Surveillance HDD
|5900 RPM (FDB) Low RPM Power Motor
|256 MB OptiCache Disk Caching
|Yes (logical 512e / physical 4096)
|3.5 Inch Internal Hard Drive
|SATA III 6Gb/sec (Generation 3)
|6Gb/sec - Data Transfer Rate (max) Buffer to Host
|Data Transfer Rate
|up to 230MB/sec Host to/from Drive (Sustained)
|SATA (7-Pin Signal and 15-Pin Power Connector)
|Backwards Compatible with SATA II 3Gb/s and SATA I 1.5Gb/s
|Perpendicular Magnetic Recording (PMR) Technology
|1 Million Hours MTBF (Mean Time Before Failures) / 8760 Power on Hours per year (24x7)
|<180 TB/yr (Workload Rate Limit) / 300,000 (Load/Unload Cycles)
|Operating: 80Gs (2ms) / Non Operating: 300Gs (2ms)
|(L x W x H) 5.878 in. x 4.01 in. x 1.028 in.
|Video Surveillance Drives
- Capacities up to 8TB
- Built for 24/7 (always-on) Video Surveillance Applications
- Supports up to 64 Cameras and up to 8+ Drive Bays
- DVR/NVR Ready Design
- Tarnish Resistant Components
- Built in RV Sensors
- Power Choice for Selectable Power Savings
- Annualized Workload Rating of 180TB per Year
- Full-Track Multiple Sector Transfer Capability
- Perpendicular Magnetic Recording (PMR) Technology
- Seagate OptiCache Technology
- Seagate AcuTrac Servo Technology
- Native Command Queuing Technology
- Thermal Monitoring and Reporting Technology
- Rotational Vibration Technology
- State-of-the-Art Cache and On-the-Fly Error-Correction Algorithms
- Dual Stage Actuator (DSA) Technology
- Built in Error Recovery Technology
- Balance Technology to Support Multiple Drives in a System
- Whisper Quiet with Fluid Dynamic Bearing (FDB) Motors
Seagate Surveillance HDD Hard Drives
The Seagate Surveillance HDD is a surveillance-optimized hard drive designed specifically for use in SDVRs, DVRs, NVRs, and other video surveillance systems. It is part of Seagate's Guardian Series, which includes drives for a variety of specialized applications.
The Seagate Surveillance HDD drive comes in capacities ranging from 1TB to 8TB and uses advanced caching algorithms to help ensure smooth, uninterrupted video streaming. It is rated for 24/7 operation and has a workload rating of up to 180TB per year, making it suitable for use in high-capacity surveillance systems.
Overall, the Seagate Surveillance HDD is a reliable and high performing hard drive that is optimized for use in video surveillance systems. Its features and firmware are designed to ensure that video footage is recorded accurately and reliably, making it a great choice for organizations that need to store large amounts of video data for security and compliance purposes.
The New Generation SV Drive
- The industry’s first surveillance-optimized hard drive platform with capacities up to 8TB improves video streaming, drive performance and data integrity in surveillance applications.
- Tarnish-resistant components to help protect drive from environmental elements, increasing field reliability.
- Customize power settings for incremental savings during system downtime without compromising time to record.
- Seagate OptiCache technology boosts overall performance by as much as 45% over the previous generation.
- Seagate AcuTrac servo technology delivers dependable. performance, even with hard drive track widths of only 75 nanometers.
- The Surveillance HDD supports higher-resolution cameras and 8+ drives per system, with up to 64 cameras per drive.
- Reliably performs in multi-drive systems with support from RV sensors.
- 24×7 operational capabilities while maintaining high MTBF of 1M hours.
- Low power consumption options and current-limited startup support always-on surveillance systems.
- Never miss a frame with quick time-to-ready.
- Idle spin control features enable power-on in standby mode or drive spin-down to conserve power and improve reliability during archival periods.
- Engineered for 24x7 workloads of 180TB/year, three times that of desktop drives.
- Enterprise-class reliability for 24×7 video surveillance applications.
- Optional 3-year +Rescue Data Recovery Service plan protects against data loss from viruses, software issues or mechanical and electrical breakdowns.
- Embedded SDVR
- Hybrid SDVR
- Surveillance DVR