Western Digital Black SN850 - 1TB PCIe NVMe Gen-4.0 x4 TLC NAND SLC Cache M.2 NGFF 2280 Solid State Drive with Heatsink - WDS100T1XHE
|Western Digital Black SN850
|Dynamic nCache 4.0 SLC Caching
|Kioxia BiCS4 96L TLC NAND Flash Memory (Tri-Level Cell)
|WD SanDisk NVMe G2 20-82-10034-A1 Controller
|M.2 (2280) Single Sided with Heat Sink
|PCIe NVMe Gen-4.0 x4 1.4, 4 Lanes
|M.2 NGFF (M Key)
|Max Sequential Read
|Up to 7,000MB/sec (128KB)
|Max Sequential Write
|Up to 5,300MB/sec (128KB)
|4K Random Read
|Up to 1,000,000 (IOPS)
|4K Random Write
|Up to 720,000 (IOPS)
|600 TBW (Total Bytes Written)
|1.75 Million Hours (MTBF Mean Time Between Failures)
|1,500G, duration: 0.5ms, 3 axis
|Advanced Hardware LDPC ECC Technology
|(L x W x H) 80.15mm x 23.40mm x 8.80mm
|Backward Compatible with PCIe NVMe Gen-3.0 and 2.0 Systems
|Pro Level Drives
- Fast Start-Up, Loading and File Transfers
- Incredible PCIe Gen 4.0 x4 NVMe Performance
- Shock and Vibration Resistant
- Dynamic nCache 4.0 SLC Caching
- WD SanDisk NVMe G2 20-82-10034-A1 Controller
- Kioxia BiCS4 96L TLC NAND Flash Memory (Tri-Level Cell)
- Active Garbage Collection
- Bad Block Management Technology
- Wear Leveling Technology
- Dynamic Write Acceleration Technology
- Adaptive Thermal Throttling Technology
- Trim Support Technology
- Active State Power Managent (ASPM) Technology
- Autonomous Power State (APST) Technology
- Error Correction (ECC) Technology
- Built for Gaming Desktops and Playstation PS5 Consoles
The Ultimate X Factor
High Performance NVMe Storage with PCIe 4.0 Technology
Strap in for breakneck gaming speeds with the Western Digital BLACK SN850X NVMe SSD. Crush load times and slash throttling, lagging, and texture pop-ins for a smooth, fast experience that lets you compete at your absolute peak. This purpose built gaming drive comes in capacities of 1TB to 4TB, with an optional heatsink on the 1TB and 2TB drives to help sustain top-end performance for more consistent gameplay. With the advanced features of Game Mode 2.0 (Windows only) automatically turned on by the WD BLACK Dashboard, the WD BLACK SN850X NVMe SSD delivers top-tier performance to keep you playing, streaming, recording, and dominating the game.
- Get the Ultimate Gaming Edge - Insane speeds up to 7,300 MB/s deliver top-tier performance with ridiculously short load times for the elite gaming experience you’ve been waiting for.
- Heatsink for the Win - The WD BLACK SN850X NVMe SSD 1TB and 2TB drives have an optional heatsink version that not only looks awesome but also helps your rig maintain peak performance through the most intense gaming sessions.
- Soup Up Your Rig - Extremely low latency loads graphics fast with minimal stutter and lagging for an incredibly smooth, satisfying gaming experience.
- Game Mode 2.0 - The latest version of Game Mode serves up even more PC performance boosting features like load prediction to ready game assets for fast in game loading.
- More Control - The WD BLACK Dashboard monitors the health of your drive, control of RGB lighting and exclusively on the SN850X, Game Mode 2.0 (Windows only).
- More Room for More Games - Today’s A-list titles can take up 200GB or more of storage. A range of capacities from 1TB to 4TB means you get to keep more games at the ready and get into the action fast.
- Near Max PCIe Generation 4.0 Speeds - The WD BLACK SN850X NVMe SSD delivers output approaching the limits of the PCIe Generation 4.0 interface to help you get ultra fast performance out of your storage and system components.
- DirectStorage Supported - Supports Microsoft’s DirectStorage technology for future games that improves load times.
- Forward Looking - A new suite of features comes with the SN850X including Predictive Loading, Overhead Balancing and Adaptive Thermal Management.
- Predictive Loading - Advance “read look ahead” algorithm to predict and pre-emptively cache what is next in the game.
- Adapting Thermal Management - Implemented upgrades to improve the energy efficiency while maintaining high data throughput even at higher ambient temperatures.
• Achieved by smoothing out the thermal throttling step function instead of maintaining full burst performance for longer and aggressively reducing throughput to bring down temperatures.
• Improved algorithm allows for higher performance while improving cooling of the drive.
Overhead Balancing - Delivers improved latency and game play experience by prioritizing reads over writes and modulating other background functions.
• Algorithm can change the scheduling of background functions (ex. garbage collection) while games are being actively played in order to maximize game performance when gamers need it the most.