Western Digital WD-AV - 80.0GB 7200RPM SATA II 3Gb/s 8MB Cache 3.5" Desktop Hard Drive - WD800AVJS
The WD800AVJS has been Discontinued. Replacement option is WD10PURZ
|90 Day Warranty
|Yes - Ships in 1 to 2 Days
|Western Digital Corporation
|WD-AV Digital Video Drives
|Does Not Apply
|7200 RPM Fluid Dynamic (FDB) Motor
|8 MB Intelligent Caching
|3.5 Inch Internal Hard Drive
|SATA II 3Gb/sec (Generation 2)
|3Gb/sec - Data Transfer Rate (max) Buffer to Host
|Data Transfer Rate
|up to 122MB/sec Host to/from Drive (Sustained)
|SATA (7-Pin Signal and 15-Pin Power Connector)
|Perpendicular Magnetic Recording (PMR) Technology
|1 Million Hours (MTBF Mean Time Before Failures)
|50,000 (Load/Unload Cycles)
|Operating: 30Gs /readwrite (2ms) / 65Gs read (2ms) - Non Operating: 350Gs (2ms)
|(L x W x H) 5.787 in. x 4.0 in. x 1.028 in.
|Video Surveillance Drives
- Capacities up to 1TB
- Built to run in 24/7 (always-on) Environments
- SilkStream Technology
- Native Command Queuing Technology
- NoTouch Ramp Load Technology
- Pre-emptive Wear Leveling (PWL) Technology
- StableTrac Technology
- Dual Stage Actuator Technology
- IntelliSeek Technology
- WhisperDrive Technology
Western Digital WD AV SATA/PATA Hard Drives
WD AV hard drives take advantage of significant design advances in WD's storage technology by incorporating SilkStream streaming with whisper quiet acoustics and thermally optimized operation. These design advances, coupled with 7200 RPM performance enable unparalleled reliability and low cost of ownership for manufacturers of digital video recording devices that require 24x7 reliability.
- PATA or SATA Interface - Although most systems use hard drives with a SATA interface, some unique or legacy systems require drives with a PATA interface.
- 24x7 Reliability - With a MTBF of 1 million hours, these drives are designed to last in always-on streaming digital audio/video environments such as PVR/DVR, DVR recorders, and surveillance video recorders.
- Quiet - Noise levels have been minimized to less than one sone – virtually below the threshold of human hearin.
- SilkStream - Optimized for smooth, continuous digital video playback of up to twelve simultaneous HD streams. SilkStream is compatible with the ATA streaming command set allowing CE customers to use standard streaming management and error recovery options.
- Ramp Load - Parks the recording heads off the disk surface during spin up, spin down, and when the drive is off. This ensures the recording head never touches the disk surface resulting in improved long term reliability due to less head wear, and improved non operational shock tolerance.
- Preemptive Wear Leveling (PWL) - The drive arm frequently sweeps across the disk to reduce uneven wear on the drive surface common to audio video streaming applications. WD AV SATA and PATA drives are ideal for PVR/DVR, DVD recorders, surveillance video recorders, and other video streaming applications.
- Compatible - Tested for compatibility in a broad range of AV products including set top boxes, DVD recorders, and mainstream surveillance systems.