Western Digital Scorpio Blue - 320GB 5400RPM SATA II 3Gb/s 8MB Cache 2.5" 7.0mm Laptop Hard Drive - WD3200LPVT
The WD3200LPVT has been Discontinued. Replacement option is WD3200LPCX
|1 Year Warranty
|Western Digital Corporation
|Western Digital Scorpio Blue Hard Drive
|5400 RPM Fluid Dynamic (FDB) Motor
|8 MB CacheFlow Disk Caching
|Yes (logical 512e / physical 4096)
|2.5 Inch Internal Hard Drive
|SATA II 3Gb/sec (Generation 2)
|3Gb/sec - Data Transfer Rate (max) Buffer to Host
|Data Transfer Rate
|up to 109MB/sec Host to/from Drive (Sustained)
|SATA (7-Pin Signal and 15-Pin Power Connector)
|Conventional Magnetic Recording (CMR) Technology
|600,000 Hours MTTF (Mean Time To Failures)
|< 55 TB/yr (Workload Rate Limit) / 600,000 (Load/Unload Cycles)
|Operating: 400Gs (2ms, read) / Non Operating: 1000Gs (2ms)
|(L x W x H) 100.20mm x 69.85mm x 7.0mm
- Capacities up to 2TB
- Eco-Conscious Design
- Low Power Consumption
- 5400 RPM Rotational Speed
- CacheFlow Disk Caching System
- Read Multiple and Write Multiple Command Support
- Whisper Quiet Fluid Dynamic Bearing (FDB) Motors
- Conventional Magnetic Recording (CMR) Technology
- Staggered Spin-Up Technology
- Native Command Queuing (NCQ) Technology
- State-of-the-Art Cache and On-the-Fly Error-Correction Algorithms
- NoTouch Ramp Load Technology
- 600,000 Load/Unload Cycles for Data Integrity
- StableTrac Technology
- WD's ShockGuard Technology
- WD's SecurePark Technology
WD Scorpio Blue Mobile Hard Drives
WD Mobile Blue hard drives deliver solid performance and reliability while providing you with all the space you need to hold an enormous amount of photos, videos and files. These drives are designed for use as primary drives in notebooks and external enclosures.
- Low Power Consumption - State-of-the-art seeking algorithms and advanced power management features ensure low power consumption and long battery life.
- Quiet - In a notebook drive, silence is golden. WD’s exclusive noise reducing technologies yield one of the quietest 2.5-inch hard drives on the market.
- The Original - WD Mobile Blue drives are designed and manufactured with the proven technology found in WD’s original award-winning hard drives.
- WD Quality - Built to the highest standards of quality and reliability, these drives offer the features and capacity ideal for your everyday computing needs.
- Available SATA 6 Gb/s Interface - The SATA 6 Gb/s interface provides greater flexibility for use with the latest chipsets as well as backwards compatibility to legacy systems with SATA 3 Gb/s requirements. (xPVX, xPCX, and MPCK models only).
- Upgrading your Drive is Easy - Acronis True Image WD Edition Software, available as a free download on the WD Support site, enables you to copy all your data to a new drive so you don’t have to reinstall your operating system to get all the benefits of a new drive.
- Compatible - Our latest generation of 7mm 2.5-inch mobile drives is designed for thin and light mobile applications, and is also compatible with most standard 9.5mm bays. (xPCX, LPVT, and LPVX models only).
- StableTrac - Motor shaft affixed to the baseplate and top cover stabilizes platters for accurate tracking during read and write operations, yielding higher drive data throughput in harsh shock and vibration environments.
- NoTouch Ramp Load Technology - The recording head never touches the disk media ensuring significantly less wear to the recording head and media as well as better drive protection in transit.
- Enhanced Availability (EA)—for 24x7 Access to Data - Western Digital provides enhanced availability models of WD Mobile Blue 2.5-inch PC Hard Drive (WD5000LQVX) that deliver 24x7 access to information for data-intensive applications requiring around-the-clock operation. The new thinner profile allows for additional cooling, especially important in dense blade server designs. The WD Mobile Blue 2.5-inch PC Hard Drives provide high capacity, durability, and quiet acoustics on a proven platform for quality and reliability. EA models support the stringent demands of “always-on” applications in lower-transaction environments.
Best Fit Applications
- Laptops and Notebook
- External Enclosures
- All-in-One Desktops