Western Digital Green - 2TB IntelliPower SATA III 6Gb/s 8MB Cache 2.5" 15mm Laptop Hard Drive - WD20NPVX
The WD20NPVX is for Specific Applications and is not meant for Laptops or Notebooks due to the 15mm Drive Height.
|Warranty||1 Year Warranty|
|Availability||Yes - Ships in 1 to 2 Days|
|Manufacturer||Western Digital Corporation|
|Series||Western Digital Green Mobile Hard Drive|
|Spindle Speed||IntelliPower (Balanced RPM)|
|Cache Buffer||8 MB CacheFlow Disk Caching|
|Advanced Format||Yes (logical 512e / physical 4096)|
|Form Factor||2.5 Inch Internal Hard Drive|
|Interface||SATA III 6Gb/sec (Generation 3)|
|Interface Speed||6Gb/sec - Data Transfer Rate (max) Buffer to Host|
|Data Transfer Rate||up to 135MB/sec Host to/from Drive (Sustained)|
|Interface Connector||SATA (7-Pin Signal and 15-Pin Power Connector)|
|Interface Note||Backwards Compatible with SATA II 3Gb/sec and SATA I 1.5Gb/sec|
|Recording Technology||Perpendicular Magnetic Recording (PMR) Technology|
|Life Expectancy||1 Million Hours MTBF (Mean Time Before Failures)|
|Workload Rating||< 55 TB/yr (Workload Rate Limit) / 600,000 (Load/Unload Cycles)|
|Shock Resistance||Operating: 300Gs (2ms, read) / Non Operating: 650Gs (2ms)|
|Dimensions||(L x W x H) 100.20mm x 69.85mm x 15mm|
|Classification||Green Power Saving Drives|
- Capacities up to 2TB
- Eco-Conscious Design
- Cool and Quiet Operation
- Read Multiple and Write Multiple Command Support
- Whisper Quiet with Fluid Dynamic Bearing (FDB) Motors
- CacheFlow Disk Caching System
- Low Power Consumption with IntelliSeek
- Reduced Power (RPS) Spin-Up Technology
- Staggered Spin-Up Technology
- IntelliPower Technology
- Native Command Queuing (NCQ) Technology
- State-of-the-Art Cache and On-the-Fly Error-Correction Algorithms
- NoTouch Ramp Load Technology
- 600,000 Load/Unload Cycles for Data Integrity
- WD's ShockGuard Technology
- WD GreenPower Technology
WD Green Mobile Hard Drives
WD Green hard drives are designed for use in systems that require cool and quiet operation, as secondary drives in PCs, for external enclosures and other applications for which low noise and low heat are beneficial. These earth-friendly 2.5-inch hard drives are ideal for use whenever energy efficiency is needed.
- Leading the Way to Green Hard Drives - WD led the industry in creating a new category of hard drives that use less power and helps to reduce the world's energy demands one computer user at a time. With over 90 million WD Green drives sold customers using WD Green drives have saved the planet over 466 million kwh of power – nearly equaling the annual power production of a single coal power plant!
- Halogen Free - In addition to being RoHS compliant, all WD Green drives are lead and halogen free, resulting in less pollutants getting into our environment.
- Reduced Rare Earths Dependency - WD’s next generation WD Green hard drives are built using less rare earth minerals.
- Reduced Power Consumption - Best-in-class power management technology delivers significant power savings and solid performance.
- Cool and Quiet - WD GreenPower Technology yields lower operating temperatures for increased reliability and low acoustics perfect for ultra-quiet PCs and external drives.
- NoTouch Ramp Load Technology - The recording head never touches the disk mediaensuring significantly less wear to the recording head and media as well as better drive protection in transit.
- IntelliSeek - Calculates optimum seek speeds to lower power consumption, noise and vibration.
- Tested for Compatibility - We perform tests on hundreds of systems and a multitude of platforms in our FIT Lab to give our customers confidence that our drives will work in their systems.
WD Green hard drives are tested and recommended for use as secondary storage in PCs, external enclosures and applications that require cool and quiet operation.
Write Your Own Review