Western Digital Green - 6TB IntelliPower SATA III 6Gb/s 64MB Cache 3.5" Desktop Hard Drive - WD60EZRX
The WD60EZRX has been Discontinued. Replacement option is WD60EZAZ
|1 Year Warranty
|Yes - Ships in 1 to 2 Days
|Western Digital Corporation
|WD Green Desktop Hard Drive
|IntelliPower (Balanced RPM)
|64 MB Intelligent Caching
|Yes (logical 512e / physical 4096)
|3.5 Inch Internal Hard Drive
|SATA III 6Gb/sec (Generation 3)
|6Gb/sec - Data Transfer Rate (max) Buffer to Host
|Data Transfer Rate
|up to 175MB/sec Host to/from Drive (Sustained)
|SATA (7-Pin Signal and 15-Pin Power Connector)
|Backwards Compatible with SATA II 3Gb/sec and SATA I 1.5Gb/sec
|Conventional Magnetic Recording (CMR) Technology
|1 Million Hours (MTBF Mean Time Before Failures)
|300,000 (Load/Unload Cycles)
|Operating: 30Gs write (2ms) / 65Gs read (2ms) - Non Operating: 250Gs (2ms)
|(L x W x H) 5.787 in. x 4.0 in. x 1.028 in.
|Green Power Saving Drives
- Capacities up to 6TB
- Low Power Consumption
- SATA III 6.0Gb/s Interface
- IntelliPower Spindle Motor Technology
- Intelligent Caching Technology
- Native Command Queuing Technology
- NoTouch Ramp Load Technology
- Pre-emptive Wear Leveling (PWL) Technology
- StableTrac Technology
- Dual Stage Actuator Technology
- IntelliSeek Technology
- WhisperDrive Technology
Western Digital Green Capacity Storage
WD Green storage is designed specifically with reliability in mind for an increased drive lifespan. The advantage of being cool and quiet impacts overall reliability while reduced heat output, decreased power consumption, quiet acoustics, and best-in-class power management make WD Green a leader when compared to the competition.
- The Advantage of Cool & Quiet - Heat has a large impact on the overall reliability of a HDD’s life over time. It can also lead to increased power consumption, the requirement of additional fans and increased fan operation, increased noise levels and the increased chance of failure. WD Green drives come equipped with WD GreenPower Technology which allows the drive to operate cooler with increased overall reliability.
- Power Management with Performance - Best-in-class power management, reduced heat output, and next-generation technologies such as IntelliSeek offer a perfect balance of performance and power, making WD Green a leader in performance when compared to the competition’s 4TB HDD.
- Reliability with an Increased Lifespan - Quiet acoustics, reduced vibration and advanced 4K HDD formatting makes WD Green a stronger solution when compared to the competition and perfect for PCs and external drive applications. WD Green also features a Dual Stage Actuator, which delivers higher precision motion for 2X the data performance and increases drive reliability.
- Capacity Storage - Large capacity offerings of up to 4TB's help expand customer capabilities and application usage of WD Green including primary installations in desktop PCs, as secondary storage in external cases or as reliable backup storage.
- Next Generation Technology - Reduced power consumption, improved data tracking, and WD GreenPower Technology all help to improve the overall reliability of WD Green making it an efficient solution that lowers your total cost of ownership. NoTouch Ramp Load Technology also protects the drive by ensuring the recording head never touches the disk media, reducing wear and tear to the head and increases drive reliability.
- Easy Upgrade - Acronis True Image, available as a download on the WD Support website, enables you to clone or copy all your data to a new drive so you don’t have to reinstall your operating system and applications to get all the benefits of a new drive.
- Conflict Free Materials - As a leader in hard drive manufacturing, WD proudly guarantees our hard drives are built with 100% conflict-free raw materials.
- Halogen Free - In addition to being RoHS compliant, all WD Green drives are lead and halogen free, resulting in less pollutants getting into our environment.
- Reduced Rare Earths Dependency - WD’s next generation WD Green hard drives are built using less rare earth minerals.
- NoTouch Ramp Load Technology - The recording head never touches the disk media ensuring significantly less wear to the recording head and media as well as better drive protection in transit.
- IntelliSeek - Calculates optimum seek speeds to lower power consumption, noise and vibration.
- IntelliPower - fine-tuned balance of spin speed, transfer rate, and caching algorithms designed to deliver both significant power savings and solid performance.
- Preemptive Wear Leveling (PWL) - The drive arm frequently sweeps across the disk to reduce uneven wear on the drive surface common to audio video streaming applications.
- 1 Million Hours MTBF - Best-in-class reliability for mainstream 3.5-inch form-factor storage.