Western Digital Red Plus - 8TB 5400RPM 4Kn SATA III 6Gb/s 128MB Cache 3.5" NAS Hard Drive - WD80EFZX
The WD80EFZX has been Discontinued. Replacement option is WD80EFZZ
|Warranty||1 Year Warranty|
|Manufacturer||Western Digital Corporation|
|Series||WD Red Plus NAS Hard Drive|
|Spindle Speed||5400 RPM Fluid Dynamic Bearing (FDB) Motor|
|Cache Buffer||128 MB CacheFlow Disk Caching|
|Advanced Format||Yes - 512e (emulation) 4096 (4Kn native) Logical Data Block Length|
|Form Factor||3.5 Inch Internal Hard Drive|
|Interface||SATA III 6Gb/sec (Generation 3)|
|Interface Speed||6Gb/sec - Data Transfer Rate (max) Buffer to Host|
|Data Transfer Rate||up to 178MB/sec Host to/from Drive (Sustained)|
|Interface Connector||SATA (7-Pin Signal and 15-Pin Power Connector)|
|Recording Technology||Conventional Magnetic Recording (CMR) Technology|
|Life Expectancy||1,000,000 Hours MTBF (Mean Time Before Failures)|
|Workload Rating||180 TB/yr (Workload Rate Limit) / 600,000 (Load/Unload Cycles)|
|Shock Resistance||Operating: 30Gs write (2ms) / 65Gs read (2ms) - Non Operating: 250Gs (2ms)|
|Dimensions||(L x W x H) 5.787 in. x 4.0 in. x 1.028 in.|
|Classification||NAS Network Drives|
- Up to 8TB Capacity
- 5400RPM Spindle Motor
- SATA 6.0Gb/s Interface
- 128MB or 64MB Cache Buffer
- Advanced Format (AF)
- Native Command Queuing
- 600,000 Load/Uload Cycles
- 3D Active Balance Plus
- NASware 3.0 Technology
- Error Recovery Controls
- Workload Rate up to 180TB Per Year
- Small Scale 24x7 NAS Environment
WD Red Plus 3.5-Inch NAS Hard Drive
- Tackle Intensity with WD Red Plus - Packed with power to handle NAS environments in home offices up to medium-sized businesses, WD Red Plus is ideal for helping protect, archive, and share valuable data in NAS systems with up to 8 bays. WD Red Plus NAS drives give you the flexibility versatility and confidence you need for your important home and work files.
- For Small or Medium Businesses - WD Red Plus drives deliver the speed and capacity business customers require to store, protect, and share increasing amounts of data with a growing number of NAS users. For NAS systems with up to 8 bays, WD Red Plus drives deliver uncompromising performance and unwavering assurance backed by a 3-year limited warranty.
- For Home Office and Power Users - Whether you’re a power user looking to store high resolution videos or running a home office with thousands of electronic documents, WD Red Plus drives are designed to help you effortlessly organize, protect and share your digital content.
- Exclusive NASware Technology - Built into every WD Red Plus hard drive is Western Digital’s exclusive NASware 3.0 technology. NASware is advanced technology that improves your NAS system by increasing compatibility, integration, upgradeability, and reliability. WD Red Plus drives with NASware technology take the guesswork out of selecting a drive for your NAS system.
- Built for Optimum NAS Compatibility - Optimized for NAS systems, our unique algorithm balances performance and reliability in NAS and RAID environments. Simply put, a WD Red Plus drive is one of the most compatible drives available for NAS enclosures. But don’t take our word for it. WD Red Plus drives are a reflection of extensive NAS partner technology engagement and compatibility testing.
- 3D Active Balance Plus - Our enhanced dual-plane balance control technology significantly improves the overall drive performance and reliability. Hard drives that are not properly balanced may cause excessive vibration and noise in a multi-drive system, reduce the hard drive life span and degrade the performance over time.
- 24/7 Environment - Since your NAS system is always on, a reliable drive is essential. With an MTBF of up to 1 million hours, the WD Red Plus drive is engineered to tackle 24/7 environments.
- Premium Support and a 3-year Limited Warranty - Confidently upgrade your NAS performance with the assurance of a 3-year limited warranty, coupled with world-class support services included with every WD Red Plus drive.
Desktop Drives vs. WD Red Plus
Do right by your NAS and choose the drive purpose-built for NAS with an array of features to help preserve your data and maintain optimum performance. Take the following into consideration when choosing a hard drive for your NAS:
- Compatibility: Unlike desktop drives, these drives are specifically tested for compatibility with NAS systems for optimum performance.
- Reliability: The always-on environments of NAS and RAID can reach intense temperatures. WD Red Plus drives are designed and tested to perform under those extreme conditions.
- Error Recovery Controls: WD Red Plus NAS hard drives are specifically designed with RAID error recovery control to help reduce failures within the NAS system.
- Noise and Vibration Protection: Designed to operate solo, desktop drives typically offer little or no protection from the noise and vibration present in a multi-drive system. WD Red Plus drives are designed to thrive in multi-bay NAS system environments.
Write Your Own Review