Western Digital SN520 - 128GB PCIe NVMe Gen-3.0 x2 TLC NAND Flash HMB-SLC Cache M.2 NGFF 2230 Solid State Drive - SDAPTUW-128G
|5 Year Manufacturer Warranty
|Yes - Ships in 1 to 2 Days
|Western Digital Corporation
|Western Digital PC SN520 NVMe SSD
|Does Not Apply
|64MB Host-Memory-Buffer (HMB) Tiered nCache 3.0 SLC Caching
|Toshiba/SanDisk 64-layer 3D TLC NAND Flash Memory (Tri-Level Cell)
|WD SanDisk in House 4-Channel Controller
|M.2 2230-S3-M (M Key Single Sided)
|PCIe NVMe 1.3 Generation 3.0 x2 (up to 2 Lanes)
|M.2 NGFF (M Key)
|Max Sequential Read
|up to 1,500 MB/sec (Queues = 32, Threads = 1)
|Max Sequential Write
|up to 800 MB/sec (Queues = 32, Threads = 1)
|4K Random Read
|up to 95,000K IOPS (Queues = 32, Threads = 8)
|4K Random Write
|up to 90,000K IOPS (Queues = 32, Threads = 8)
|100 TBW (Total Bytes Written)
|1.752 Million Hours MTTF (Mean Time To Failures)
|1,500G @0.5 ms half sine, 3 pulses per face
|Low-Density Parity Check (LDPC) Error Correction Technology
|(L x W x H) 30.0mm x 22.0mm x 2.38mm
|Average Active Power 75mW / Low Power (PS3) 25mW / Sleep (PS4) 2.5mW
|Mid Level Drives
- Fast Start-Up, Loading and File Transfers
- Shock and Vibration Resistant
- Incredible PCIe NVMe Generation 3.0 Performance
- Host-Memory-Buffer (HMB) SLC Caching
- WD SanDisk in House Controller
- Toshiba/SanDisk TLC NAND Flash Memory
- Active Garbage Collection
- Low Power Consumption
- Bad Block Management Technology
- Dynamic and Static Wear Leveling Technology
- Dynamic Write Acceleration Technology
- Host Control Thermal Management (HCTM) Technology
- Adaptive Thermal Throttling Technology
- Trim Support Technology
- Enhanced Defect and Error Management Technology
- Multi-Gear Hardware LDPC ECC Technology
- Built for Laptops, Desktops, ATMs, Point of Sales and Printers
Western Digital PC SN520 NVMe SSD
With future-ready, scalable NVMe architecture, the Western Digital PC SN520 NVMe SSD offers both manufacturers and end users the solution to innovate and expand their computing effectiveness. The Western Digital PC SN520 NVMe SSD not only triples the read speed over SATA SSDs, but further optimizes the low power consumption level to a low 2.5mW.
This NVMe SSD enables greater design flexibility for ultra-thin notebook or tablet designs that require a cost effective, reliable storage device with a small form factor and capacity points up to 512GB.
Versatile Options for Mobility
The Western Digital PC SN520 NVMe SSD, supporting PCIe Generation 3.0 x2, is designed for a multitude of applications that require both high performance and low power.
Equipped with a fully integrated solution which includes an in-house controller, 64-layer 3D NAND, firmware, and extensive testing, Western Digital provides longevity of supply in a robust and reliable design.
Designed with Western Digital’s in-house tiered-caching NVMe architecture, the Western Digital PC SN520 NVMe SSD delivers high performance with sequential read and write speeds up to 1,700MB/s and 1,400MB/s respectively and high endurance up to 300 TBW, all of which is available in a variety of small form factors: M.2 2230, M.2 2242, M.2 2280.
With future-ready, scalable NVMe architecture, the Western Digital PC SN520 NVMe SSD offers a robust solution to fuel generations of innovative IoT applications. Scalable NVMe offers a significant performance increase over SATA SSDs while further optimizing low power consumption to the low level of 2.5mW.
This NVMe SSD enables greater design flexibility for IoT and embedded customers, who seek a cost effective, small form factor, reliable and rugged storage device with low capacity points from 128GB to 512GB.
Robust Construction Suited for IoT
The Western Digital PC SN520 NVMe SSD, supporting PCIe Generation 3.0 x2, is designed for applications that have a limited number of PCIe lanes available for storage, however, require both high performance and low power. Partners that could benefit from NVMe technology include:
- Commercial: Interactive kiosks, ATMs and Point-of-Sales (POS), Multi-Functional Printers (MFP) and industries that require high-volume transaction processing.
- Edge Equipment and IoT Gateway: Such as network equipment, industrial machinery, medical equipment, or embedded PC that need the high capacities to capture the floor’s and sensors’ data and the high IOPS to support the system’s data analytics.
- Media Content Delivery and Streaming: In-flight entertainment systems, train control and monitoring systems, data recorder and video surveillance that require high capacity and reliability.
Versatile Options for IoT
Equipped with a fully integrated solution which includes in-house controller, 64-layer 3D NAND, firmware, and testing, Western Digital provides longevity, supply and a robust and reliable design.
Designed with Western Digital’s in-house tiered-caching NVMe architecture, the Western Digital PC SN520 NVMe SSD delivers high performance with sequential read and write speeds up to 1,700MB/s and 1,400MB/s respectively and high endurance up to 300 TBW, all of which are available in a variety of small form factors: M.2 2230, M.2 2242, M.2 2280.
Western Digital PC SN520 NVMe SSD, in variety of small, single-sided form factors such as M.2 2230, M.2 2242 and M.2 2280, enables customers to build ultra-thin, ultra-small boards and systems that address multiple IoT segments, without sacrificing performance and power consumption.
Key Benefits and Features:
- Read speeds up to 1,700MB/s and low power consumption leverages both the PCIe NVMe Generation 3.0 x2 interface, as well as sophisticated NVMe Power Management.
- 128GB-512GB capacities available in three small form factors: M.2 2230, M.2 2242, M.2 2280.
- Endurance of up to 300 TBW.
- 5 year limited warranty.
- Industrial PCs
- Ultra-Mobile PCs
- 2-in-1 Notebook PCs
- IoT/Embedded Devices
- Interactive Kiosks
- ATMs and Point of Sales (POS)
- Multi-Functional Printers (MFP)
- Server and Storage Array Boot Drives
- Network Equipment
- Industrial Machinery
- Medical Equipment