Seagate BarraCuda 500GB 5400RPM SATA III 6Gb/s 128MB Cache 2.5" 7mm Laptop Hard Drive - ST500LM030
|Warranty||2 Year Manufacturer Warranty|
|Spindle Speed||5400 RPM|
|Cache Buffer||128 MB Multi-Tier Caching|
|Interface||SATA (7-Pin Signal and 15-Pin Power Connectors)|
|Data Transfer Rate||SATA III 6Gb/sec (Host to/from Drive Sustained 140 MB/sec)|
|Interface Note||Backwords Compatible with SATA II 3Gb/sec and SATA I 1.5Gb/sec|
|Advanced Format||Yes (logical 512 / physical 4096)|
|Form Factor||2.5 Inch|
|Dimensions||69.85mm x 100.35mm x 7.0mm|
- • Capacities up to 5TB
- • 5,400 RPM Rotational Speed
- • 128MB Cache Buffer Size
- • Perpendicular Recording Technology
- • Read Multiple and Write Multiple Command Support
- • Quiet Operation. Fluid Dynamic Bearing (FDB) Motors
- • Native Command Queuing (NCQ) Technology
- • State-of-the-Art Cache and On-the-Fly Error-Correction Algorithms
- • QuietStep Ramp Load Technology
- • (MTC) Multi-Tier Caching Technology
Experience the highest capacity, and the thinnest 2.5-inch hard drive you've ever seen. Choose from 500GB to 2TB of massive storage for all of your application and data needs along with a slim 7mm form factor drive that makes system upgrades very easy. All hard drives in the BarraCuda family come equipped with Multi-Tier Caching Technology (MTC). MTC takes your PC to new performance levels, so you can load applications and files faster than ever before. By applying intelligent layers of NAND Flash, DRAM and media cache technologies, BarraCuda delivers improved read and write performance by optimizing data flow.The Seagate BarraCuda also come in Self-Encrypting (SED) and FIPS 140-2 Level 2 Certification Models. The BarraCuda Self-Encrypting Drive models have the following additional feature. 16 independent data bands, Authenticated firmware download, Automatic data encryption/decryption, Controlled access, Crypographic erase of data for a drive that will be repurposed or scrapped, Dive locking and Random number generator. All BarraCuda Pro drives are backed by a 5-year limited warranty.
• Broadest 2.5-inch hard drive portfolio with up to 5 TB capacity and both 7 mm and 15 mm form factors suitable for a variety of compute applications.
• Thinnest and lightest 2.5-inch hard drive with up to 2 TB storage in a 7 mm z-height, providing seamless upgrades of thin and light laptops and smaller form factor systems.
• Fast data rates of up to 140 MB/s enables superior PC end-user experience and snappier file transfers.
• 2.5-inch, 7mm z-height hard drives provide 500 GB to 2 TB in capacity, offering the highest-capacity 2.5-inch hard drives available for Laptops, Mobile Storage, Ultra-Thin Laptops externals or all-in-one storage.
• Low startup current configurations for 500 GB to 2 TB drives enable use in legacy low-current systems like USB-2 external boxes, while simultaneously lowering power consumption.
• Mobile storage
• External storage systems
• All-in-one PCs
• Ultra-slim desktop PCs