Seagate Enterprise EXOS 7E10 - 6TB 7200RPM 512e/4Kn SATA III 6Gb/s 256MB Cache 3.5" Enterprise Class Hard Drive - ST6000NM023B (SED FIPS 140-3)
|5 Year Warranty
|Seagate EXOS 7E10 Enterprise Class Hard Drive
|7200 RPM Fluid Dynamic Bearing (FDB) Motor
|256 MB Multi-Segmented Caching with Advanced Write Caching (8MB Internal NOR Flash)
|Yes - 512e/4Kn FastFormat (Sector Size: 512 Bytes per Logical Sector)
|3.5 Inch Internal Hard Drive
|SATA III 6Gb/sec (Generation 3)
|6.0Gb/sec - Data Transfer Rate (max) to/from Host
|Data Transfer Rate
|250MB/sec Sustained Transfer Rate OD (Max.)
|SATA (7-Pin Signal and 15-Pin Power Connector)
|Single Interface Port
|Conventional Magnetic Recording (CMR) Technology
|2 Million Hours MTBF (Mean Time Before Failures) / 8760 Power on Hours per year (24x7)
|0.44% AFR (Annualized Failure Rate) / 550 TB/yr (Workload Rate Limit) / 600,000 (Load/Unload Cycles)
|Operating: 40Gs write (2ms) / 70Gs read (2ms) - Non Operating: 300Gs (2ms)
|Yes - TCG OPAL 2.0 Self Encrypting Drive (SED) with FIPS 140-3 Security Feature
|(L x W x H) 147mm x 101.85mm x 26.11mm
|OPAL Encrypted Drives with FIPS-140
- Capacity's up to 10TB
- Built for 24/7 (always-on) Reliability
- Latching SATA Cable and Connector
- Tarnish Resistant Components
- Built in Humidity Sensor
- Programmable Multi-Segmented Caching Technology
- Advanced Internal NOR Write Caching Technology
- Full-track Multiple-Sector Transfer Capability
- Embedded Servo Design Technology
- Native Command Queuing (NCQ) Technology
- Balanced Low Mass Rotary Voice Coil Actuator
- Idle Read After Write (IRAW) Technology
- State-of-the-Art Cache and On-the-Fly Error-Correction Algorithms
- Dedicated Head Load/Unload Landing Zone
- Conventional Magnetic Recording (CMR) Technology
- Thermal Monitoring and Reporting Technology
- RAID Rebuild Technology
- Rotational Vibration Technology
- Seagate PowerChoice Technology
- Seagate PowerBalance Technology
- Dual Processor Technology
- Whisper Quiet with Fluid Dynamic Bearing (FDB) Motors
- AES-256 SED Encryption and SED with FIPS 140-2 Certification Models
Seagate EXOS 7E10 Enterprise Hard Drives
The Seagate Exos 7E10 enterprise hard drive confidently stores up to 10 TB of data without sacrificing performance. The secure, high-capacity, high-performance drives are optimised for demanding enterprise bulk data applications.
Seagate’s EXOS 7E10 Enterprise Hard Drive enables the fastest data transfers thanks to our comprehensive advanced caching technology. Meet your storage workload requirements in the most efficient and cost effective data center footprint available on the market today. With user definable innovative technology advancements like PowerBalance, PowerChoice and RAID Rebuild, you have the control to tailor your bulk storage requirements for even greater improvements in lowering your total cost of ownership.
Enterprise Drive for Bulk Data Applications
Exos 7E10 hard drives support up to 10 TB per drive, offering bulk data storage for data centre infrastructures requiring a highly reliable enterprise hard drive. Exos 7E10 provides cost-effective, reliable access to unstructured data. The Exos 7E10 drive helps to catalyse the datasphere, enabling data centre architects and IT professionals to deliver trusted performance, rock-solid reliability, ironclad security, and low TCO for demanding 24×7 operations.
Robust Bulk Data Storage for a 24×7 World
Exos 7E10 drives are backed by a 2 million hour MTBF rating and support workloads of 550 TB per year — 10× that of desktop hard drives. With state-of-the-art-cache, on-the-fly error-correction algorithms, and rotational vibration design, the Exos 7E10 helps ensure consistent performance in replicated and RAID multi-drive systems.
High Performance for Mainstream Data Center Applications
Meet your storage workload requirements in the most efficient and cost-effective data centre footprint on the market today. The Exos 7E10 delivers easy integration into bulk storage systems with 12 Gb/s SAS and SATA 6 Gb/s interface options. With user-definable innovative technology advancements like PowerChoice and Seagate RAID Rebuild, you can tailor your nearline storage requirements for even greater improvements in lowering your TCO.
Enhanced Enterprise Reliability, Data Protection and Security
Advanced security features help protect data where it lives — on the drive. Exos 7E10 prevents unauthorised drive access and safeguards stored data with security features that include Secure Downloads & Diagnostics, TCG-compliant Self-Encrypting Drive, and government-grade FIPS/Common Criteria tamper-resistent hard drive. Seagate Secure drives simplify drive repurposing and disposal, help protect data-at-rest, and comply with corporate and federal data security mandates.
- 2TB to 10TB, 3.5-inch enterprise drive with industry-leading conventional magnetic recording (CMR) technology.
- Advanced Write Caching feature enables up to 100% performance improvement in random writes over last-generation drive.
- 12Gb/s SAS and SATA 6Gb/s interfaces in industry-standard formats (512n, 512e and 4Kn) for easy integration into replicated and RAID multi-drive storage servers and systems.
- State-of-the-art cache, on-the-fly error-correction algorithms, super parity and end-to-end SAS-based data integrity for accurate data storage.
- Industry leading rotational vibration design helps ensure consistent performance in dense multi-drive systems.
- Engineered for 24x7 workloads of 550TB/yr.
- Robust performance with dual processors, ramp load technology, top-cover-attached motor and humidity sensor for optimum performance in all chassis.
- On-demand PowerBalance feature available for lower power/performance in random read/write environments.
- Seagate Secure Self-Encrypting Drive featuring Instant Secure Erase for cost-saving drive retirement and secure data-at-rest protection.
- Seagate SeaTools diagnostic software to provide drive self-tests ensuring no unnecessary downtime and maximizing TCO.
- Hyperscale Applications/Cloud Data Centers with Replicated Storage
- Massive Scale out Data Centers and big Data Analytics
- High Capacity Density RAID Storage
- Mainstream Enterprise External Storage (SAN, NAS, DAS)
- Distributed File Systems, including Hadoop and Ceph
- Enterprise Backup and Restore—D2D, Virtual Tape
- OLTP and HPC Applications
- Centralized Surveillance