Seagate Savvio 15K.3 - 146GB 15K RPM 512n SAS 6Gb/s 64MB Cache 2.5" 15mm Enterprise Class Hard Drive - ST9146853SS
|Warranty||1 Year Warranty|
|Availability||Yes - Ships in 1 to 2 Days|
|Series||Seagate Savvio 15K.3|
|Spindle Speed||15K RPM Fluid Dynamic (FDB) Motor|
|Cache Buffer||64 MB Multi-Segmented Caching|
|Advanced Format||No - 5xxn Native (Bytes per Sector: 512, 520, 528)|
|Form Factor||2.5 Inch Internal Hard Drive|
|Interface||SAS-2 6Gb/sec (Generation 2)|
|Interface Speed||6Gb/sec - Data Transfer Rate (max) Buffer to Host|
|Data Transfer Rate||151MB/sec to 202MB/sec Host to/from Drive (Sustained)|
|Interface Connector||SAS (Single 29-Pin SFF-8482 Connector)|
|Interface Note||Dual Interface Ports|
|Recording Technology||Perpendicular Magnetic Recording (PMR) Technology|
|Life Expectancy||2 Million Hours MTBF (Mean Time Before Failures) / 8760 Power on Hours per year (24x7)|
|Workload Rating||<300 TB/yr (Workload Rate Limit) / 250 (On/Off Cycles)|
|Shock Resistance||Operating: 60Gs (2ms) / Non Operating: 300Gs (2ms)|
|Encryption||No - Standard Model|
|Dimensions||(L x W x H) 100.45mm x 70.10mm x 15.00mm|
|Classification||Enterprise Class Drives|
- Capacity's up to 300GB
- Built for 24/7 (always-on) Reliability
- 15K RPM Rotational Speed Motor
- Supports up to 32 Initiators
- Low Power Consumption
- Read Multiple and Write Multiple Command Support
- Multi-Segmented Caching Technology
- State-of-the-Art Cache and On-the-Fly Error-Correction Algorithms
- Power Choice for Selectable Power Savings
- Full-Track Multiple Sector Transfer Capability
- Idle Read After Write (IRAW) Technology
- Perpendicular Magnetic Recording (PMR) Technology
- Embedded Servo Design Technology
- Thermal Monitoring and Reporting Technology
- Rotational Vibration Technology
- Dynamic Spindle Brake Technology
- Balance Technology to Support Multiple Drives in a System
- Zone bit Recording (ZBR) Technology
- Whisper Quiet with Fluid Dynamic Bearing (FDB) Motors
- AES-256 SED Encryption and SED with FIPS 140-2 Certification Models
Seagate Savvio 15K.3 Hard Drives
Highest-Performing, Small Form Factor 15K Hard Drive
The Savvio 15K.3 drive enables Tier 1 applications to read and write both random and sequential data faster. Data centers can store and access important random data up to 10% faster and sequential data up to 21% faster over previous generations, enabling them to process more transactions within a given time period.
Providing up to 300GB capacity, the Seagate Savvio 15K.3 drive stores twice the amount of data without increasing the total number hard drives used. This helps data centers keep up with the growth of data while improving storage efficiency.
The Savvio 15K.3 drive provides Protection Information and Self-Encrypting Drive options to help companies achieve corporate and/or government security compliance goals. The drive helps protect data from inadvertent change from the moment of creation until the end of life, and Seagate Instant Secure Erase makes drive retirement and repurposing safe, fast and affordable. FIPS Self-Encrypting Drive option meets regulatory data security compliance requirements and is FIPS 140-2 Validated to protect Sensitive but Unclassified and Protected class data.
Reduces Complexity and Costs
The Savvio 15K.3 drive enables OEMs and data centers to standardize on the 2.5-inch small form factor (SFF), the 6Gb/s SAS interface and SED security, which reduces system complexity and minimizes design, training and inventory expenses.
- Stores twice the amount of Tier 1 data without increasing drive count..
- Tables Tier 1 applications to process transactions more quickly to help increase revenue generation and improve customer satisfaction.
- Supports 6Gb/s SAS for more robust topologies and higher reliability.
- 20% improved annualized failure rate with field-proven reliability.
- Provides up to 21% improvement in sequential data read-write performance over prior generation.
- Delivers up to 3% faster random read and up to 4% faster random write performance vs. prior generation.
- Reduces system complexity, and OEM design and data center operating costs.
- Self-Encrypting Drive (SED) option (AES-256) cuts IT drive retirement costs while securely protecting data where it lives—on the drive.
- FIPS 140-2 Validated drives protect Sensitive but Unclassified and Protected class data.
- High Performance Tier 1 Enterprise Servers
- Blade, Rack and Tower Servers Hosting Transaction Based Applications
- Power and Space Constrained Data Centers
- Compliance and Data Security Initiatives