Western Digital Scorpio Blue - 40.0GB 5400RPM Ultra ATA-100Mb/s 8MB Cache 2.5" 9.5mm Laptop Hard Drive - WD400VE
The WD400VE has been Discontinued. Replacement option is WD400BEVE
|90 Day Warranty
|Yes - Ships in 3 to 5 Days
|Western Digital Corporation
|Western Digital Scorpio Blue Hard Drive
|5400 RPM Fluid Dynamic (FDB) Motor
|8 MB Cache
|2.5 Inch Internal Hard Drive
|PATA (EIDE Ultra ATA-6)
|Ultra ATA 100MB/s
|Data Transfer Rate
|up to 100MB/sec Host to/from Drive (Sustained)
|PATA (40-Pin Signal and 4-Pin Power Connector)
|Perpendicular Magnetic Recording (PMR) Technology
|50,000 (Start/Stop Cycles)
|Operating: 300Gs (2ms, read) / Non Operating: 900Gs (2ms)
|(L x W x H) 100.20mm x 69.85mm x 9.5mm
- Capacities up to 320GB
- Eco-Conscious Design
- Low Power Consumption
- 5400 RPM Rotational Speed
- Read Multiple and Write Multiple Command Support
- WhisperDrive Quiet Fluid Dynamic Bearing (FDB) Motors
- Perpendicular Magnetic Recording (PMR) Technology
- Native Command Queuing (NCQ) Technology
- State-of-the-Art Cache and On-the-Fly Error-Correction Algorithms
- SecurePark Technology
- 600,000 Load/Unload Cycles for Data Integrity
- WD's ShockGuard Technology
- WD's DuraStep Ramp Lock Technology
WD Scorpio Mobile Hard Drives
WD Scorpio 2.5-inch drives offer fast performance and low power consumption, making them ideal for notebooks and other portable devices. Now offered in capacities up to 120 GB in SATA or EIDE interface, WD Scorpio can help meet your portable storage needs with increased capacity.
- Fast - Spins at 5400RPM and delivers seek times of 12ms. It has a standard 2MB cache with an 8 MB option.
- Efficient - Spins at 5400RPM for fast performance but has power consumption specifications similar to slower 4200 RPM drives. Low power consumption yields increased overall reliability.
- Quiet - features WD’s exclusive Whisper Drive technology with SoftSeek algorithms to deliver nearly inaudible operation.
- Reliable - Provides ShockGuard to protect the drive mechanics and delicate platter surface from shocks, both when it’s in use and when it’s not. This leading-edge technology enables WD drives to meet the highest combined shock tolerance specifications: 300Gs while in operation, 900 Gs non-operating.
- Rugged - WD Scorpio’s DuraStep Ramp locks the heads off the data disk to provide additional shock protection. Using the most technologically advanced material available on the market, the drive is able to execute a minimum of 600,000 load/unload cycles — up to twice the performance of its competitors.