Western Digital Black 3TB 7200RPM SATA III 6Gb/s 64MB Cache 3.5" Desktop Hard Drive - WD3001FAEX
|Warranty||5 Year Manufacturer Warranty|
|Spindle Speed||7200 RPM|
|Cache Buffer||64 MB Cache|
|Interface||SATA (7-Pin Signal and 15-Pin Power Connectors)|
|Data Transfer Rate||SATA III 6.0Gb/sec (Host to/from Drive Sustained 154 MB/sec)|
|Interface Note||Backwords Compatible with SATA II 3Gb/sec and SATA I 1.5Gb/sec|
|Advanced Format||Yes (4K Native)|
|Form Factor||3.5 inch|
|Dimensions||4.000 x 5.787 x 1.028 inch / 101.6 x 147.0 x 25.4 mm|
|EAN Code||Does Not Apply|
- • Capacity's Up to 6TB
- • SATA 6Gb/s with NCQ Interface
- • StableTrac Technology
- • State-of-the-Art Cache and on-the-Fly Error-Correction Algorithms
- • Full-Track Multiple Sector Transfer Capability
- • NoTouch Ramp Load Technology
- • WD’s Dynamic Cache Technology
- • Native Command Queuing Technology
- • Dual Actuator Technology
- • 300,000 Load/Unload Cycles
- • Fluid Dynamic Bearing (FDB) Motor
WD Caviar Black Desktop Hard Drives
WD Caviar Black drives combine a high performance electronics architecture with a rock solid mechanical architecture to deliver the perfect storage solution for your fully-loaded PC or maxed out gaming machine. Cool drive operation, no-touch head technology, leading-edge vibration protection ensure enhanced reliability.
Rock Solid Mechanical Architecture
• Dual actuator technology: A head positioning system with two actuators that improves positional accuracy over the data track(s). The primary actuator provides coarse displacement using conventional electromagnetic actuator principles. The secondary actuator uses a piezoelectric motor to fine tune the head positioning to a higher degree of accuracy. (2 TB and 1.5 TB models only)
• StableTrac: The motor shaft is secured at both ends to reduce system-induced vibration and stabilize platters for accurate tracking, during read and write operations. (2 TB and 1.5 TB models only)
• NoTouch ramp load technology: The recording head never touches the disk media ensuring significantly less wear to the recording head and media, as well as better drive protection in transit.
High Performance Electronics Architecture
• Dual processor: Twice the processing power to maximize performance.
• Colossal cache: Bigger, faster cache of up to 64 MB means faster performance.
• Massive Capacity: WD Caviar Black SATA drives are available in capacities up to 2 TB. Compatible: We perform tests on hundreds of systems and a multitude of platforms in our FIT Lab and Mobile Compatibility Lab to give our customers confidence that our drives will work in their systems.
• Power computing applications such as multimedia, video and photo editing, and maxed out gaming computers.
• Desktop / Consumer RAID Environments - WD Caviar Black Hard Drives are tested and recommended for use in consumer-type RAID applications (RAID-0 /RAID-1).