Western Digital Scorpio Blue - 1TB 5200RPM SATA II 3Gb/s 8MB Cache 2.5" 12.5mm Laptop Hard Drive - WD10TPVT
The WD10TPVT is for Specific Applications and is not meant for Laptops or Notebooks due to the Drive Height.
|Warranty||1 Year Warranty|
|Manufacturer||Western Digital Corporation|
|Series||Western Digital Scorpio Blue Hard Drive|
|Spindle Speed||5200 RPM Fluid Dynamic (FDB) Motor|
|Cache Buffer||8 MB CacheFlow Disk Caching|
|Advanced Format||Yes (logical 512e / physical 4096)|
|Form Factor||2.5 Inch Internal Hard Drive|
|Interface||SATA II 3Gb/sec (Generation 2)|
|Data Transfer Rate||up to 124MB/sec Host to/from Drive (Sustained)|
|Interface Speed||3Gb/sec - Data Transfer Rate (max) Buffer to Host|
|Interface Connector||SATA (7-Pin Signal and 15-Pin Power Connector)|
|Life Expectancy||600,000 Hours MTTF (Mean Time To Failures)|
|Recording Technology||Perpendicular Magnetic Recording (PMR) Technology|
|Workload Rating||< 55 TB/yr (Workload Rate Limit) / 600,000 (Load/Unload Cycles)|
|Shock Resistance||Operating: 400Gs (2ms, read) / Non Operating: 1000Gs (2ms)|
|Dimensions||(L x W x H) 100.20mm x 69.85mm x 12.5mm|
- Capacities up to 2TB
- Eco-Conscious Design
- Low Power Consumption
- 5400 RPM Rotational Speed
- CacheFlow Disk Caching System
- Read Multiple and Write Multiple Command Support
- Whisper Quiet Fluid Dynamic Bearing (FDB) Motors
- Perpendicular Magnetic Recording (PMR) Technology
- Reduced Power (RPS) Spin-Up Technology
- Staggered Spin-Up Technology
- Native Command Queuing (NCQ) Technology
- State-of-the-Art Cache and On-the-Fly Error-Correction Algorithms
- NoTouch Ramp Load Technology
- 600,000 Load/Unload Cycles for Data Integrity
- StableTrac Technology
- WD's ShockGuard Technology
- WD's SecurePark Technology
WD Scorpio Blue Mobile Hard Drives
WD Scorpio Blue 2.5-inch SATA and PATA hard drives offer solid performance, ultra quiet operation and low power use for portable digital devices of all kinds. Pick the drive that suits your needs with the confidence in knowing that all WD Scorpio Blue drives are built to the highest standards of quality and reliability.
- Massive Capacity - Storage capacity for 2.5-inch form factor drives with standard 9.5mm height has arrived at a realm once thought to be impossible - up to 2 TB - giving you all the capacity you need to keep your photos, music and files right there on your notebook.
- Low Power Consumption - State-of-the-art seeking algorithms and advanced power management features ensure low power consumption and long battery life.
- Ultra Cool and Quiet - In a notebook drive, silence is golden. WD’s exclusive WhisperDrive technology delivers one of the quietest 2.5-inch hard drives on the market.
- StableTrac - Motor shaft affixed to the baseplate and top cover stabilizes platters for accurate tracking during read and write operations, yielding higher drive data throughput in harsh shock and vibration environments. Supporting the top cover with the shaft also increases robustness to pinch forces.
- Dual Actuator Technology - A head positioning system with two actuators that improves positional accuracy over the data track(s).
- NoTouch Ramp Load technology - The recording head never touches the disk media ensuring significantly less wear to the recording head and media as well as better drive protection in transit.
- Designed for Various Applications - WD Scorpio Blue has a portfolio of drives to satisfy all your portable computing needs. These drives are available in multiple z-heights including the 9.5mm industry standard, 7mm for use in thin notebooks and compatible with mainstream systems, and 12.5mm primarily for external enclosures.
- WD Quality - Built to the highest standards of quality and reliability, these drives offer the features and capacity ideal for your everyday computing needs.
- Reliable - WD's SecurePark parks the recording heads off the disk surface during spin up, spin down, and when the drive is off. This ensures the recording head never touches the disk surface resulting in improved long term reliability due to less head wear, and improved non-operational shock tolerance.
- Rugged - WD's ShockGuard technology protects the drive mechanics and platter surfaces from shocks.
- Tested for Compatibility - We perform tests on hundreds of systems and a multitude of platforms in our FIT Lab and Mobile Compatibility Lab to give our customers confidence that our drives will work in their systems.
- Advanced Format (AF) - Technology adopted by WD and other drive manufacturers to increase media format efficiencies, thus enabling larger drive capacities. (PVT models only)
- All-in-One PC's
- External Enclosures
Write Your Own Review